Monday, October 6, 2008

I love this little man


I am completely smitten and hopelessly in love with this little guy. He has certainly got his mama wrapped around his finger. When he looks at me and says "Mama" or when he crawls over to show me something or pull up beside me, aahhh...my heart melts. I've gotten all sentimental now that he's one, and I'm afraid that these days are passing too quickly. I'd hate to look back at this special time and realize that I forgot to just stop and enjoy my son. We've had a lot of time to bond here lately, and I think we may be buds :).

I know this next year will pass even more quickly than his first. And, I know that one day soon he'll not want me to hold him, and I won't be his buddy anymore. But, for now, I'm trying to steal all of the hugs and kisses that he'll allow. Which, as he's becoming more mobile and stronger, is getting more difficult to do :(.

I can only imagine how it will feel when he's actually able to look at me and tell me he loves me back. I'm sure I'll really cry on that day :).

1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

Oh my gosh, I feel the same way. Skylar still loves to give hugs, but he's more into his toys running from me now. :( They are jsut growing so quickly in front of our eyes... sigh...