Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Exciting Weekend!

So, we had a pretty fun weekend a few days ago. I kept hearing that around 6 months, babies will become very active, therefore requiring more food. Well, Drew hit the 6 month mark and nothing. So, I kept thinking, "I guess not my kid". Well, last weekend, that ALL changed.

On Thursday of last week, he was the same little baby as always, nothing new or exciting was happening. On Friday evening, that ALL changed!! He started jumping, rolling over back to front like an old pro (see video), and talking up a storm. Tim and I were just sitting there all weekend, like WOW - who is this child? We'd never seen Drew so active and into everything. It was just hilarious! Here's his little mischievous face.





Before, when we set him in the exercauser, he's play with the toys, but he wouldn't jump or anything. Now, he's like a little animal in there! He's jumping, grabbing all of the toys at once, and just laughing/talking. It is hysterical to watch.

And, he started rolling over from his back to his belly, which is great! But, he's forgotten how to roll from his belly to his back. So, he now flips over and cries because he's "stuck". So, you flip him back over to his back. Not two seconds later, he's on his belly again. I think it's just his new favorite game :).

He's also saying "dadada" about everything! Of course, there's no mention of "mama" in there :(. Tim is dada, all of the toys are dada, everything is dada :). It's just precious. What's really hilarious (as you'll see in the video to the right), is that when Drew starts to get annoyed, he does this little whiny, screaming "dada" talking. The video also gives you a glimpse of his developing little personality.

It's just too cute to watch him change so much. He's trying so hard to scoot/crawl (also a video on this). When he becomes mobile, we are going to be in trouble! He already nearly jumps out of your arms to grab things, so wow - when he can crawl - watch out!!

Anyway, just wanted to share some of our excitement. Drew is SO much fun to be around right now. He just keeps us and himself laughing constantly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new videos. He is so sweet. I know Tim is in heaven with the dada thing! Moma will come soon and a lot! With Cooper it is mommom everything. Can't wait to see him. Give him a big hug from Gkee!

QDB said...

I'm so glad you're having so much fun with Drew! I think we were too nervous to enjoy Maggie as much, so I'm thankful to have another go at it with Nate and am trying to savor every moment. Kudos to you for getting that the first time!
I've enjoyed reading your comments on my blog and getting some perspective. It does remind of how I used to feel when I was working after Maggie was born.
Much love:)