Sunday, April 27, 2008

All Alone, What to Do?

I think every Mom must wish to herself "just one day to myself to do what I want to do". Well, today I have been given that day. Tim and Drew are on a "boys road trip" to see Tim's Mom. I am going to California tomorrow for the week, so they went to see the grandparents. So, I'm now all alone with nothing to do.

As previously stated, I've often thought about this moment. But, I was thinking more like only for a few hours so I could get my hair done or go shopping. Not for an entire day:(.

I don't even remember what it was like to not be married and with a baby. It seems those single, non-Mom days were ages ago. What did I used to do all day long? Shop? Watch TV? Maybe. Of course, I was still in school, so I assume I spent all free time most likely studying.

It is SO weird to sit in a quiet house. I should be sleeping or cleaning, or out doing something. But, instead, I'm writing my blog. I did go out for lunch - YEAH, but when I walked back into the house, I expected to walk in hearing Drew and Tim laughing or talking.

All in all, as much as it's nice to have an afternoon to one's self, I miss my family. I'm counting the days until Friday night, when I'm back home and can see my boys!!

And, yes, in case you are wondering, this is the first time that I've been away from Drew for more than about 2 nights. So, I'm being a sentimental Mom :). I swear, I must have called to "check-in" on the boys 10 times already. And, I left Tim with a long list of "how I would take care of Drew" :). He assures me they will all be fine, and I'm sure they will.

Someone should have warned me that becoming a Mom also turns you into an extremely overprotective person, like a mama bear protecting her cubs or something. I'm sure they will both have a great time, and we'll have lots of fun pictures to post next week! I just miss them already :(.

No comments: