Saturday, February 9, 2008

Drew's first experience with solids and other happenings

So, we passed the 4 month mark, and the DR said it was now OK to start trying solids. As you may imagine, I was so excited! I thought YEAH - this will be fun. We can do something different than giving Drew that stinky formula day and night. I had researched highchairs, made a selection, and now we only needed to put it together.

We got everything set up, Tim was ready with the video camera, and it was time. YEAH! So, I mixed the cereal. WOW - this is really gross! And, doesn't look any more appealing than formula. Who would really want to eat this?

Side note - we never put together the highchair, so we ended up just using the Bumbo for the big occasion.

So, this is the "Before" picture. Notice the still clean and happy baby.

This picture pretty much sums up the experience. I've also attached a video on the right.

After this, I realized that trying to teach a baby how to eat solids was not any fun. There was definitely rain on my parade :(. We have tried many more times since this picture and still the same result. So, now I just don't know. He may be 6 months old before we get the hang of this.

Anyway, after we got Drew cleaned up from this experience, it was time to play. He's getting better and better with the Exercauser.

I love playing with Daddy and his hats.








I actually put the highchair together today, and it wasn't that bad. I swear, they should hand out a toolbox, a year supply of AAA and AA batteries, and a "Dummies Guide to Putting Things Together" DVD when you leave the hospital with your newborn. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS. He is so cute. Hope all is OK. See you soon. Love Gkee

Marsh & Meg said...

Drew's adorable! I'm glad to hear you are all doing well & love to keep up to date on your blog. As a side note I thought of Tim today as I went to lunch at McAlister's in Tampa. It was great as always. :)

Hope you all are doing well!