Monday, February 25, 2008

Date Night was a Bust :(

So, last week was a big week - Tim turned 30!!!! So, yeah, we thought we would celebrate. Tim and I have not had a date since before Drew was born, so it's been over 5 months since we had a dinner/movie night out to ourselves. So, needless to say, WE WERE EXCITED!! We had toyed with the idea many times to get a sitter and have a night out, but at $10/hr, it was hard to justify a reason to spend money on a sitter and a date. So, we never went. But, the time was now! We carefully planned our evening, had money for the sitter, and were dressed and ready. She was supposed to arrive at 6:30pm. At 6:25pm, she called and was almost there. YEAH! Drew was finishing a bottle, off to bed, and we were ready. Here we are.







So, Drew is asleep, Tim and I are on the couch - waiting. It is now 7:00pm. Where is she? So, we decide to call her - no answer. Hhmmmm.....what to do. Have we been stood up by a babysitter?

7:30pm - phone rings, it's the babysitter's Mom. She wanted to know if her daughter ever arrived? Nope. So, now we are all worried and it's quite obvious that our date is now over. 8:30pm - still nothing. Tim and I finally just start watching a movie. I ended up calling the babysitter's Mom again to find out what happened. It seems that the babysitter was ARRESTED!!!! For not having a driver's license with her, of all things. WHO HAS EVER HEARD OF THAT BEFORE?

So, WOW - date night was definitely over. Now, I'm even more nervous than before about having to screen babysitters and find one you're comfortable with. Maybe by the time Drew is 1 year old, Tim and I can have a date :).


For good measure - some pics of Drew. He's getting to be a chunk!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your night out. I know a 30th birthday is special. I wish I could have been there to take care of my special little man. He is really getting big. I guess I don't have to worry about his eating anymore!!! See you soon and I promise you a night out on the town.
Love, Gkee

Rebecca said...

I almost put this on my blog because it is so funny!! Drew is so cute! His chunky little thighs are so precious!!