Monday, August 20, 2007

One Year Anniversary!

So, with all of the craziness of getting ready for the baby, some of you might have forgotten that we have just been married a year!! We celebrated our 1 year anniversary on July 29th!! It's hard to believe that it's only been 1 year. So much has happened in our lives over this past year. We both moved to Raleigh, I started a new job, we bought our first house, and now we're having our first baby!! Needless to say, it was an action-packed first year of marriage.


We couldn't go anywhere too far away this year for our celebration, so we went a couple hours south of here to Pinehurst Resort. It was a nice, relaxing weekend. Unfortunately, we kept getting asked "are you here for golf"? So, this got a little annoying after a while. It is a golf resort, but what we didn't know is that it's ONLY a golf resort :). It's very nice, but people don't really go there to just hang out. And, that's the reason that we went - to just get away to somewhere nice for a weekend without having to travel very far. Oh well. It still was nice.

Tim beat me at checkers (I'm still bitter). For once in my life, I actually had him beat. He even will admit it. I knew it too, and I was SO excited. I've NEVER beat him in checkers. So, I got over-confident and stopped paying attention. Before I knew it, he had completely taken over my side of the board. Needless to say, I was not happy. Next time we are at a Cracker Barrel or near a checker board, it's ON! Anyway, here's a pic of where it all went down.



We didn't get to eat our traditional top layer wedding cake, since every last bit of cake was eaten at our wedding (they even ate our "saver top layer"). So, no cake for us. I told Tim the next time we are in Memphis, we'll have to get the cake lady to make us a small little cake, and we can do our "anniversary cake" then :).

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You should add some pictures of Drew's nursery! I can't wait to see how the bedding turned out!