Wednesday, August 29, 2007

BabyMoon!!


So, for those of you not aware of the term
"BabyMoon" - bascially, it's a honeymoon before the baby arrives. The last time (pre-baby) for the parents to get away and relax alone. Tim has been working down in Savannah, GA for the past couple of weeks, so we took advantage of this and met in Myrtle Beach, SC last weekend for a quick getaway.!


I had never been to Myrtle Beach before, so I was really excited about going. It worked out perfectly, since MB is 1/2 way between Savannah and Raleigh, making it easy for both of us. We got to stay at a really nice hotel and just had a GREAT time!


It was so hot that we didn't really go outside and do much. But, we did venture out to the beach for a quick walk. This was my first time to be on sand and get my feet in the water this year. We went to Vero Beach, FL earlier this year with Tim's family, but I just stayed at the pool. Growing up living 3 hours from a beach, I just think it's not a summer if you haven't at least once gotten your toes in the sand and feet wet from the ocean :).

So, we just relaxed and enjoyed this quiet time together. We plan to go back next year when Tim is on this account again!


We are now looking forward to the holiday weekend and getting last minute things ready for Drew's arrival. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll make it until September 20th. I'd be fine if Drew decides to arrive early - just as long as his Daddy is in town :)! I look like the Pillsbury doughboy in these pictures. I think the extreme heat was making me even more swollen than normal.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Marsh & Meg said...

Hey Tim & Brandie! You both look great. Congrats on the upcoming birth of Drew. We cannot wait to see pictures of him & meet him! We were in Charlotte last weekend but unfortunately missed you both on your Babymoon. Glad you got to enjoy yourselves before all of the excitement. Marshall & I just started our own blog if you want to check it out. http://marshallandmeghan.blogspot.com/ Hope to see you guys soon & stop in if you're ever back in Tampa!