Thursday, January 31, 2008

Random Thoughts From the Week

So, here are some random thoughts that I had this week.

1. Never take a baby for shots on a Monday!! This gives them no time to recuperate and means the daycare will call you five times for the next 2 days because your baby is crying.

2. Why do I always get behind the slow person in the salad bar line - the one who must put ALL 30 ingredients on their salad.

3. The expression "run around like a chicken with its head cut off", is really gross!! I say it all of the time because that is what our mornings are like, but yuck! I never really thought about what it meant :).

4. It's funny that once you have a baby, suddenly all of the songs from vacation Bible school come flooding back into your mind. Favorites this week are "Rise and Shine" (aka Arky, Arky song) and "If You're Happy and You Know it".

5. I used to watch Robin and Company on CNN every morning. I really enjoyed waking up and watching them. Tim would even say that I looked forward to it. But, it's been over 4 months since I've seen this - about how old Drew is :). Now, while we are "running around like chickens with their heads cut off" in the morning, we play with Drew, sing silly songs, and try not to get spit up on us in the process :).

6. I like to have little "projects" that give me something fun to think about/research. My latest obsession is a high chair. I've finally narrowed it down to 2, now I just have to decide. Wonder what will be my project next week?

7. I'm 31 years old, and I often still find myself asking "what do I want to be when I grow up".

8. There isn't sound more heartbreaking than hearing your baby's sad, hurt, helpless cry (reference to point #1).

9. We love Blockbuster monthly rentals. I laughed at first when we signed up, but now we have a movie night each weekend! This is our weekly "date", now that we have Drew.

10. To make an even list, I need to add another. I'm not sure of what else is left. Hmmmm..... Oh! How much longer to daylight savings time?? I'm not a fan of the winter months and it's getting dark so early.

I guess that's it for now. I'll add some pics of Drew soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are now a real mother!!! This will be your way of life for a long time. Just wait until you only get to watch Mickey's Club house, Backyardigans and Wonder Pets. AND you begin to think some of the guys on the Disney channel are cute!!!! Oh, it is soooo bad by then! Keep all the info coming, I love it. Can't wait to see my little man!
Love, Gkee