Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thursday, Sept 20, 2007

Well, we told little Drew for 10 months to the date today that Sept 20th, 20007 was his due date. He's a smart little boy and was trying his best to arrive on his due date. He almost made it :).

Wednesday night (the 19th), Tim and I watched a movie at home and then went to bed around 10:00pm. I woke up around 12:00am (on the 20th)feeling crampy. I didn't pay much attention to this crampy feeling until it kept persisting for a few hours. I finally realized around 2:00am or so that this cramping was happening routinely and started to wonder "is this labor?" Needless to say, I wasn't sleeping any. So, I kept watching the clock.

Finally around 4:00am, I woke Tim up. By this point, the contractions were around 10-15 min apart, but not lasting long at all. I told Tim something was going on and we should get up. So, around 5:00am, we were up and trying to think about what to do. We starting timing the contractions, down to 5-10 min at this point, but still not lasting more than 10-20 seconds. At this point, we were thinking, "Ok, is this it??".

Well, around 6:00am, it all stopped. Nothing. Just back to normal. So, we thought that was weird. But, oh well. I had read numerous stories of people who contract for hours or days and it's not progressive labor contractions. So, we went about our day. The one thing we did know is that Drew would arrive sooner than later, no need for an induction date.

No comments: