Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mothers Day

So, I've been super busy lately with work and travelling and haven't posted in a while. Here's a quick post about my first Mothers Day.


We had a great weekend!! Tim surprised me by taking me on a date!! It was our first date since before Drew was born, so I was SUPER excited. We had some friends coming over to watch a movie that evening and hang out...well right before they got here, Tim gave me a card that said our friends were going to be our babysitters for the night, and we were going out!! YEAH!! I couldn't believe it. I've know Tim for over 8 years now, and he continues to surprise me :). We had a fabulous dinner at the Melting Pot (one of my all-time favorite restaurants). It was the best Mothers Day ever.

Also, the other really neat thing is that the last time Tim and I were at the Melting Pot was the weekend after we had our ultrasound and found out that we would be having a baby boy.

I love my little family. I couldn't imagine life without them. I hate Tim and I didn't get a picture of our big date night. I guess we were so eager to dash out of the house when we had our chance that we forgot to snap some pictures of us all dressed up. Oh well, here's another of me and Drew.

2 comments:

QDB said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! The Melting Pot is our favorite restaurant as well - but sadly, our closest one is in Nashville, so we've just been a couple of times in the last 8 or so years. Glad you had a fun night :)

Unknown said...

Drew is such a cutie! I can hardly wait to see him and all the other babies at the reunion! Bring plenty of film (what is that?)! Love to you all, Aunt Liz