Saturday, December 8, 2007

What's New With Us

I will preface this post by saying that while I do agree that all good posts should have a photo, I don't think this one will. Sorry :(. But, we will post more pictures very soon!!

So, all of the posts lately have been about Drew, so I thought I'd take a minute to update you with what Tim and I have been up to. I was able to stay home with Drew for almost 10 weeks, and now Tim is able to stay home with him until January. We were very lucky that Tim's company allows paid paternal leave for dads!!

Another exciting thing that has happened is that I am about 2 weeks away from receiving my MBA!!! I am SO excited and cannot believe that it's finally over. After 2.5 years, I must say that completing this degree has been a pretty big accomplishment for me. All along the way people kept saying that it would be too difficult to finish, trying to work full-time and go to school full-time, especially when in the middle of all of this, I got married, moved cities, and had a baby!! I even had teachers telling me that I would struggle to complete the program. Well, I did it!!! All of my requirements for graduation are complete, and now I am just waiting on the final grade. Tim and Drew even went down to school with me last weekend, so we made a family day of it - the last time I had to drive to Columbia, SC for school.

We stayed here over Thanksgiving and enjoyed just some quiet time and hanging out. It was actually very nice, since we have always travelled for the holidays. However, we are very much looking forward to Christmas and getting to see all of our families.

I have a new nephew!! My brother, Justin, and sister-in-law, Rebecca, just had a little boy. He is just precious! We cannot wait to meet him and introduce him to Drew!! Christmas will be very special this year. Both my brother and I have both become parents in just the last few months.

Tim has finished another year of "busy-season" with his company, which is always a good thing. For the most part, their job is nice and very flexible, but from Sept 15th-Dec 15th of every year, it is "busy season", which means lots of travel and late nights. But, Tim was able to skip out on some of this since his paternal leave started mid November.

Well, hope everyone is doing great! Just wanted to give an update.

2 comments:

QDB said...

Congrats on the MBA!!! I never doubted you would finish, but I remain amazed that you did it this fall! You are one tenacious chick!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to celebrate your new title, MBA!!! We will have a great dinner for you when you get to Maryville. Can't wait to see you all especially DREW! Love Grams