Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Almost 6 weeks old!


WOW! Time is passing so quickly. These past 6 weeks have been amazing. Drew has changed SO much since he was born. He is much more alert and interactive now. He makes cute little noises all day and definelty has a personality! His favorite thing to do is watch the ceiling fan. He just loves it, and it's so cute. He will almost break his neck to look around and find the fan, if he's not facing the right direction.


He had his 4 week checkup and that went fine. He's starting to finally gain some weight, so that was nice! He was such a chunk when he was born that it's taken a while to get back past his birth weight. He had to get a shot at the DR :(. WOW - that was NOT fun! He screamed like you had just stabbed him. I really do NOT look forward to the 8 week checkup when he gets 3 shots! I told Tim he has to go to that one with us. I don't think I can stand watching the little guy scream like that for 3 shots.


Drew is just like his parents. He does not like to be dirty. Drew can not stand to have a dirty diaper not even for a minute!! I swear sometimes I think he cries before he's even wet just to let you know to get ready. I know this because MANY times he'll start crying, so I start to investigate if he is wet or not. Of course he isn't, and then he decides to pee - ON ME! Yeah, funny you may think. But, I've gotten faster at changing the diapers and getting a shield ready!!


He's starting to smile and be more social. It's so sweet to see him grinning at you!! He almost rolled over the other day on his playmat. He doesn't quite have it figured out yet, but we are hoping soon.

I posted some links to videos over on the right of this blog. I couldn't figure out how to post them within the text, so I had to do it this way. I'm still frustrated about that!

Well, nothing else much is new. Tim and I are doing good. Still getting some sleep at night and waiting for Drew to start sleeping longer than 2-3 hours at a time! We are also waiting on my brother's baby Graham to be born!! He is due November 20th, but it could be anyday!!

Just wanted to give an update and post more pics. Hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie...he is adorable.
You know, your Uncle Ricky was everyone's "boyfriend" while your mom and I were in Girl Scouts together, and Drew looks like Ricky did when he was little.
Congratulations on such a handsome little man!
Ruth

Anonymous said...

I just love to see the videos over and over. I can't wait to have him in my arms again. He is just precious! Love you, Grams